FiberMat is ACP Applied’s fibre reinforced stress absorbing membrane. By fortifying asphalt emulsion with fiberglass, FiberMat achieves superior tensile strength and crack resistance.
The reinforcement process is simple; after cleaning and preparing the surface, a specially designed unit sandwiches chopped fiberglass strand between two layers of asphalt emulsion followed by a 6, 9, or 12.5mm (or combination) aggregate. This process produces no adhesion problems while generating a greater tensile strength.
- Absorption of stresses within the pavement structure
- Re-stabilization, strengthening, and resurfacing projects
- Another tool in the preventative maintenance toolbox
- For crack inhibiting and delaying reflective crack propagation
- Fast application process
- Open to traffic minutes after completion
- Reduces, repairs, and resists cracking
- Increases tensile strength and flexibility
- Bonds well to concrete and asphalt
- Perfect for most traffic volumes
- No milling required
FiberMat Type-A Stress Absorbing Membrane (SAM)
For a superior surface treatment, ACP Applied installs the FiberMat Stress Absorbing Membrane. By sandwiching chopped glass fibres between two layers of a special polymer-modified asphalt emulsion followed by a 6mm, 9mm, or 12.5mm aggregate, FiberMat Type A achieves:
- Significant tensile strength
- Flexible enough to absorb movements in the pavement structure
- Delayed pavement cracking
- Delayed reflective cracking
- 300% reduction in wheel-track cracking
In addition to providing these great benefits, the FiberMat SAM application process is very fast. Thanks to a controlled breaking system, roads that have been enhanced with Type-A FiberMat can be opened after only 15 minutes, regardless of temperature or humidity.
FiberMat Type-B Stress Absorbing Membrane Interlayer (SAMI)
FiberMat Type-B shares all the same great stress-absorbing characteristics as Type-A, but is specially designed to be used in conjunction with a wearing course. Both provide superior protection against cracking on the road surface, but FibreMat Type-B functions best beneath a layer of asphalt or other road course.